Note: Due date postponed to Feb 13, 2017
Encouraging empathy and a Spirit of Service are core values of the Timeless Changes Foundation. The goal of this scholarship is to find, encourage and reward young people that provide notable service to their communities.
Scholarships to 8th and 11th graders who have demonstrated a Spirit of Service and Empathy in their respective
2016 Pilot is limited to applicants in 2 areas: San Francisco Bay Area, CA and DFW metroplex, TX. These are two geographical areas that the Foundation currently has focus in the US.
We will award up to twenty* scholarships. The plan is to award five middle-schoolers and five high-schoolers in each state.
$ 250 per scholarship*. This is a one-time award.
Expectations and Benefits
- The goal of this scholarship is to encourage the spirit of service and to build empathy among middle- and high-schoolers. As such, the more people know about the accomplishments of these young people, the more opportunity that others will be inspired to follow their lead.
- We will interview those awarded the scholarship and publicize their contributions to their community via our website, through social and traditional media. We will seek to get the word out about your community service using photos, websites, audio and video.
- Applying for this scholarship automatically makes you eligible for consideration to the Timeless Scholars in USA 2017 program.
- 8th or 11th graders that live or attend school in either of these two geographies – San Jose, CA or DFW metroplex, Texas. Homeschoolers and alternative schoolers are welcome
- Notable community service
- Compelling writing skills
Additional weightage given to applicants from low-income, first-generation college-bound or homeless families.
- Mon Dec 5: Announcement of Scholarship
- Mon Feb 13
Dec 19: Deadline for application submission
- Mon Mar 6
Dec 30: Ambassadors announced on web and via email (5 pm PST)
How to Apply
Fill in application online
- *Subject to change based solely on the discretion of the Board of Directors of the Timeless Changes Foundation.
- The dates, eligibility, amount awarded, number of scholarships awarded and the entire program may be canceled or changed based on applications received, volunteers available to evaluate applications, legal requirements and other unforeseen conditions. This is a pilot program and we too are learning about what works and does not. We will tweak the program accordingly for 2016 and beyond.
- Any changes will be communicated on this webpage only.
- Only those applicants that are awarded scholarships will be informed by email on December, 30, 2016.
[Acknowledgement: We modeled the scholarship and application process after the Coppell Assistance League scholarship]